August 15, 2016 BY Tyler Moxley
Downtown Livermore is going to see some serious new changes soon. Including a boutique hotel, residential units (rentals and ownership), more parking and attractive walking paths.
- A boutique hotel with approximately 135 rooms that will support local families and businesses by providing a place to stay for tourists, colleagues, friends and family. Presidio Companies, Lennar’s hotel development partner, proposes to build the hotel in the same location that was independently selected by all 13 of the developers who submitted proposals to the City of Livermore. It is the location that is most suitable for hotel groups given the site’s highly visible and iconic corner, its adjacency to the Bankhead Theater for corporate events, and an appropriately sized stand-alone development footprint.
- Market-driven residential units made up of approximately 260 residential homes (200 rental and 60 for sale) that will provide housing for young professionals and families who want to live in a vibrant, walkable downtown and who will support local businesses and community organizations, including the Bankhead Theater.
- A “market hall” of retail spaces to complement existing businesses and enhance the downtown shopping experience for Livermore residents and visitors.
- Over 1000 parking spaces that will serve the new development and all of downtown Livermore.
- Walkability, in the form of attractive, integrated pedestrian paths.
- Art, including beautiful public art installations and increased access to downtown venues